Friday, August 10, 2012

Accents

So this post gon' be about accents!!
Why? Well it's something different, and I thought I could blog about it :D

When I first moved to Texas from Pennsylvania I was about 7, and would always get pissed with people saying that I had an accent. To me THEY were the ones with accents, but considering I was the odd one out I had the accent. I don't really think I have much of an accent really. I pronounce some words funny sometimes, but that's just me derping. With that being said though...

ACCENT CHALLENGEEE! And I'm sick, but meh. Decided to do it anyways.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0cFjCs884uX

Mind my constant clearing my throat/etc. I'm sure that got annoying, but gratz to you if you actually listened through that. With that being said, I think a lot of accents are pretty cool, especially accents from all the Nordic countries. I have a lot of trouble understanding any Hispanic accent though, unfortunately. At work someone will be asking for something and I'll have to say "What?" 5 times before I can understand them... I always feel bad about it. I have a friend named Liz with an accent but I can only understand pretty much every other word of what she says, which sucks because she's really cool :P Then again, partially why I can't understand some accents is I have really bad hearing, so that doesn't help at all. I quite like accents though, even if a ton of people speak English, different countries can put their own spin on it :D

1 comment: